Good Morning All,

I have a Contour Shuttle Pro v2 and I use it with XP and Mach3 on one of my
machines. Works jolly well too. Extremely good as a flat-lying pendant., and
has, as far as I'm concerned, a very intuitive feel.
But I run LinuxCNC mostly (swappable drives and other machines and computers)
and I miss the Shuttle.

Does anyone have any info about how (or if) I can get the Shuttle to work with
LinuxCNC? I'm running v2.5 on this particular machine, under Ubuntu 10.4
(sticking with what's working, on a critical machine) but I can easily upgrade,
and I have one other computer running Ubuntu and 2.6, and one I have just built
and am about to commission, which will be running the latest version under
Wheezy. If I can get the Shuttle working under the most current setup, I can
upgrade the others shortly.

I have seen some comments on other bulletin boards suggesting no drivers are
available; and Contour themselves don't seem to do a Linux driver, but I wonder
 if  there are any sources of drivers or if there is a way to get it working?
Contour's comments on one BB suggest there is a problem because its a USB
device, but I can't see why that should be an insurmountable problem.

Grateful for any help.

Regards,

Marcus