On 12/05/2014 03:27 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> It has been reported on the forum that if you have a 2.6 installed
> version of LinuxCNC and also a run-in-place Master version, then even
> after running scripts/rip-environment the "comp" command will invoke
> the 2.6 version, and install into the 2.6 version. Halcompile will
> work as-expected:
> http://www.linuxcnc.org/lucid/index.php/english/forum/10-advanced-configuration/28608-run-in-place-comp-install#53708
>
> Perhaps rip-environment should create an alias to halcompile from comp?

That would be confusing to people using the real comp program:

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/mailutils-mh

The whole reason we renamed comp to halcompile is to get away from this
problem, i dont think we should re-introduce it.

Better to educate our users and put the mess behind us (and learn the
lesson, as developers, to choose longer, more descriptive names for our
tools).

IMO.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky