On 12/18/2014 09:22 PM, richsh...@comcast.net wrote:
> Our Sears washing machine got replaced and I got the motor. Says 820W
> 3 phase, 195V, 320 hz, 17,000 rpm. Anyone messed with one of these
> with a vfd or a vector drive? It's tiny, seems to be well built,
> shame to put it in the bin without seeing what can be done with it.

Does it look like this one? If so, I think it would make a fine spindle
motor. I've only run this one with a VFD on the bench, but I can't see
why it wouldn't work well.
http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/wash_motor/wash_motor_side.jpg
http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/wash_motor/wash_motor_plate.jpg

--