On Saturday 17 January 2015 11:06:36 Sebastian Kuzminsky did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 01/17/2015 12:47 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > So here I am, back on the LUCID install and disk, but currently
> > running a PAE 3.16.0 kernel, which FWIW, runs the lcnc sim just
> > fine.
> >
> > I suppose until an upgrade path becomes available.  Wheezy might be
> > ok for the milling machine and lathe, but it is NOT a General
> > Purpose, runs everything, install.  That is what I need here, and
> > capable of running the simulator.
> >
> > Suggestions?
>
> You could try Ubuntu Precise.  We have an RTAI kernel for it, and we
> build packages for it.
>
> Instructions are here:
>
> http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/getting-started/index.html#_insta
> lling_on_ubuntu_precise

Thanks Seb.

I'll take a look, thats debian 7.7 I guess?  I have 7.8, in amd64 flavor,
all 3 iso's about 40% downloaded now.  What kernel is in this "precise"?
Maybe I can dl & build the rtai patched kernel?

It sure would remove a boatload of confusion here if debian would use
either names in alphabetical order, or advancing version numbers to track
this stuff.

Thanks again Seb.

While thats finishing, I'll go work on the blanket chest. I am having to
assume there is a typu or two in the 'sploded drawings as I am going to
have to make the bottom panel a different size from whats in the magazine
by nearly an inch. And I am glad I caught that before that plywood panel
ever got within 10 feet of the table saw.

Clearly, I have too many hobbies. :)