On 2015-02-11 10:51, andy pugh wrote:
> On 11 February 2015 at 07:03, Andreas Pettersson <andr...@roughedge.se> wrote:
>> The Argon uses a 24V@0.4A DC input, and the mesa card uses 5V - but i
>> need to split the encoder cables from the Driver and connect em to the
>> mesa card as well.. Not sure if this is the right way of doing it.
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u0vVnGZnDBdwTkmWv6m_r7q4JR2niON6E5N9PaSPE_4/edit#gid=0
>>
>> Some advice on this subject would be appreciated.
> PCW should be your definitive source on this, but I suspect that the
> encoder is 5V rather than 24 so can probably just connect as you seem
> to be indicating.
>
> I would suggest re-arranging the spreadsheet so that it is keyed by
> "signal" and each connector pin has both number and name.
> Colour-coding like that gets hard to follow rather quickly.
>
> The 7i37 works on voltages from 5 to 24V. The 7i37TA looks like it
> would have been better than the 7i37COM for your application as all
> the Argon IO seems to be differential pairs.

Right of course, sorting it by signal would be easier.. didn't think of
that.
And yeah using the TA or the COM has been one of my ponderings, thougt
if i could get away with the COM cards, because waiting time on the TA
card is about 6-8 weeks atm.. But i guess i could just order it and
wait for it to show up.

the AOUT0 what is that for. Is it to be used when not using differential
signaling maybe?

Regards,
Andreas