the 7i80 is similar to the 5i25 cards in that the firmware isn't loaded
each time - you have to load the using the mesa-flash utility.
(although it comes with a firmware installed - so you should be able to
test)

As far as the driver not being there - are you running rt-preemt
kernel?  My guess if you are running rtai - the hm2_eth isn't built.
(but that is just a guess)

sam