On 2/27/15 11:00 PM, Jim Connery wrote:
> I have installed Jessie on my ASUS x200ma as Wheezy didn't play well with my
> new toy. I am hoping to install Linuxcnc 2.7 and I was looking around for a
> RT kernel and I cant seem to find one. Any suggestions? Also how long do you
> folks think it might be before we see “official” 2.7 and Jessie? I do realize
> that my system setup will most likely not be reliable enough to make chips
> with, but I still have parts to make for my lathe anyway and I was hoping to
> at least get everything going and turn my servos some. I have a mesa 7i92 and
> the newer system is looking like it my be the way for me to go.

Yes, Debian unfortunately does not ship an RT-Preempt kernel like they
did for Wheezy, and we have not refreshed our RTAI kernel for Jessie yet.

2.7 is stabilizing, we're still finding bugs in the new trajectory
planner.  We'll release it when the trickle of new bugs dries up more.

I'm not sure when the support for Jessie will come - it depends, as
you've pointed out, on the availability of a realtime kernel.  As far as
i know, no one is currently working on it, though if someone wanted to
work on it I'd be happy to assist.

What problems did you have with Wheezy on this machine?

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky