On Wed, Mar 25, 2015, at 10:17 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 03/25/2015 12:45 PM, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:
> > As I have seen on many machines including the Mazak that we have here, the
> > servo systems close the velocity loop within the servo drive, and then the
> > CNC applies a voltage to control the velocity of the motor based on the PID
> > of the position loop.
> >

> You should check this out :
> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Combining_Two_Feedback_Devices_On_One_Axis
>
> There used to be a web page that described dual feedback on
> one of the big machines at Stuart Stevenson's MPM shop and
> had a bit of history of how they arranged to do that, but I
> can not find it now. They used a linear encoder for position
> feedback and a shaft encoder on the motor for velocity feedback.
>
> (Anybody know where the descriptive page with photos, etc.
> on that has gone to?)
>
> Jon

That was an entry on my blog.  When I updated the server to Wheezy, I got
the basic server running, but was pressed for time and never set up the
blogging software.  The files are still on the computer, just not being served
to the world.  I should fix that, just need a round tuit.

--
  John Kasunich
  jmkasun...@fastmail.fm