Hi all,

I've been out of touch with linux for a decade now, so wondering if it
would be relatively easy (ie: fairy well documented and fairly bug free)
to install EMC on my own distro.  Perhaps on Ubuntu 14.04.  Essentially
I want to get 2 things installed on the same OS... EMC and openPnP.  If
you want to gory details, read on:

Installing openPnP was simple, and includes the required openCV, but
that version (apparently 2.4.9) requires GLIBC 2.15.  The Debian
distribution of EMC I have has EGLIBC 2.13  Apparently if I try to
install a later version of GLIBC/EGLIBC, I'll break several other
things.  OpenPnP is supposed to check and use my openCV first, so I
(painfully) managed to install openCV over the course of a week or so,
fixing various odd bugs/issues with openCV, cmake, and java. But openPnP
does not seem to recognize it.  I tried openCV 2.4.10 and 2.4.9.

So my alternate plan is to install EMC2 on ubuntu 14.04 (which I lean
towards only because I already have it installed on a different
partition and which runs openPnP fine).  But EMC2 requires real-time
kernel extensions, which I'm worried would be painful to install
(haunting memories of kermel compiles from years ago ;).

Again, I point out that I'm not fluent with linux anymore.  What path do
you think I should go with this?

Thanks.