If you want to build something in that range, but have a larger and pretty
rigid rig, consider Mechmate.com ... It is a real DIY project, normally
uses NEMA 32 motors, but if you have some good 24's might work.  Still
check out their forums.  Plans cost $100, normal build costs for everything
go anywhere from $3K to $8 or 10K USD, depending on what you have and
accountability in your area.  Most folks build a 48x96" nominal cutting
area machines that are about 6' wide and 10' long (again very rough
dimensions).  Some have been built much larger and some smaller.  Critical
parts that are laser cut and bent can be purchased from a single source.
Sources for all techie stuff is available on the forums, but it is your
build so use what you want (please don't cheap out, you get what you pay
for in the long run, IMHO anyway).  You will have to source steel locally
and weld (easy welding, mainly rookie welders building these so it does not
have to be 'pretty' welds).

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Erik Friesen <e...@aercon.net> wrote:

> I have been casting around for a new pre built router in the $5 to $10K
> range, however it seems a lot of routers come with the whole kit and
> caboodle, which means it doesn't use linuxcnc and comes with the computer
> and all.  I have too much time invested in different custom things to
> switch to something else.  Does this leave me with building something
> myself again?
>
> I currently have an oak framed router (16x20 work area), gecko drives, mesa
> 5i25, etc, but I get tired of tightening it up every month.  I'd like to
> find something where I could put my existing equipment to use.
>
> Some I have looked over -
> http://www.camaster.com/product/stinger-i/
>
> http://www.blurrycustoms.com/#!store/cu2p/!/IMAVX/p/34881281/category=8927047
> http://xzerocnc.com/raptor.htm

> Learn Process modeling best practices with Bonita BPM through live
> exercises
> http://www.bonitasoft.com/be-part-of-it/events/bpm-camp-virtual-
> event?utm_

><> ... Jack

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart"... Colossians 3:23
"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new." -
Albert Einstein
"You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people." - Admiral
Grace Hopper, USN
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -
Ben Franklin