On 6/8/2015 12:06 PM, Philipp Burch wrote:
> Hi Dave!
>
> On 08.06.2015 15:43, Dave Cole wrote:
>>   From the Ethercat Technology Group membership application page:
>>
>> The membership cost is pretty low... !!!  :-)
>>
>> And there are some sample Ethercat master and slave source code available
>>
>> http://www.ethercat.org/en/products/4F84049B9950437FB34749A52AB20786.htm
>> http://www.ethercat.org/en/products/54FA3235E29643BC805BDD807DF199DE.htm
>>
>> There is also at least one Ethercat open source master repository out
>> there..
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/soem.berlios/
>>
>> Dave
>>
> Good to know that it's free of charge. But since I'm mainly interested
> in the slave part, things are not that easy: Their slave sample code is
> for a microncontroller interfacing the EtherCAT-ASIC, so they're just
> making their money somewhere else ;)
>
> Thanks,
> Philipp

Then don't use that .... ..   There are some software slave
implementations out there.

One is... and there are others.

http://sourceforge.net/p/ecslave/wiki/Howto/

Then you get to use standard tools like Wireshark to figure out what is
not working...

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6F063F1A993F6A4786257BB10041EEEA

That's a lot further along than rolling your own, although it might be
an overkill for what you want.

If you don't want to do this then you can do some basic TCP send and
receive and make up your own basic protocols to move data between
devices, but that can
quickly turn into a wheel reinvention project on its own.

Dave

---