On 01.07.15 16:14, Gene Heskett wrote:
> The link should then be valid for anyone clicking on it if their email
> agent sticks to the rfc's that try to govern how the net works.

Firefox does not mind a URL in two parts, broken over two lines.
I just highlight the two lines with the mouse, then paste anywhere in
firefox - et voila!

Admittedly, that does need a Firefox config tweak:

To be able to drop a URL anywhere in the window, to open it:
Put about:config in the URL box, scroll to middlemouse.contentLoadURL,
and click to toggle it to true. Now a URL highlighted in an xterm can be
pasted to firefox (and opened) with one double click. (Thanks to John
L. Fjellstad)

Just clicking on a URL in the MUA isn't a contender here - I use mutt,
so need to throw it at firefox. The corrected URL worked fine. (Well,
the first URL worked too, despite yielding mostly confusion. :)

Erik