I was testing the latency of this computer and I thought that it was doing
pretty good, but over night there were some pretty significant latency spikes.
I was afraid this was going to happen, it is an HP-Compaq dc5750 and the bios
has virtually zero user settable power settings (the only thing I can find is a
setting for idle fan speed). Any suggestions for any work-a-rounds? I think I'm
still going to use it anyway, because I have an application only using
positioning of a step/dir servo, so other than step generation, there shouldn't
be any real real-time demands.

Todd Zuercher
mailto:zuerc...@embarqmail.com