On Sat, 19 Sep 2015, Karlsson & Wang wrote:

> Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 09:46:41 +0200
> From: Karlsson & Wang <nicklas.karls...@karlssonwang.se>
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Emc-users] Ethernet Hostmot2 (drop packets at init)
>
> I am using the hostmot2 driver with ethernet and sometimes startup does not
> work properly. Then investegating further with wireshark I found that some
> packets seems to not be received correctly. I also found time between
> packages are very small at startup because they are sent as fast as the
> computer while during operation there is a fixed time between packets.
>
> Have anyone else had similar problems?

Are you running 2.7.0?

Jeff Epler fixed some random startup issues with hm2_eth fairly recently
these are fixed in the released version 2.7.0

Also if this is with your remote hardware (not Mesa FPGA hardware), there may
be possible data loss with all the write only initialization data sent at
startup with no checking for possible buffer overflows. This is pretty well
masked with our hardware since its pretty fast and has a 12K byte receive
packet buffer in the Ethernet chip.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)