Greetings everybody;

Thinking in electronic ink here...

Is there a quick & dirty but adequate way to extend the 2 most common
carbide bit sizes in my collection in order to gain clearance between
the workpiece and its holding jigs? Something like an ER8 that I can
plug into an R8 maybe?

What would be a good google search term?  Or just hit Tormach's site.
Their ER20 adapter covers up to 1/2", and sells for $34.95. Tolerable
good. And it looks like it would extend the reach of a tool by at least
1.5".  Thats also good, gets the quill housing up high enough to clear
the jigs. The 15 count collet set is $192, or the 30 count set is $372,
probably more accurate than some of the others, but hey, I'm carving
wood here.

Grizzly wants $317 for the whole 16 piece kit including adapter, South
Bend brand.  Neither seem to say what the OD of the nut is and I've
already hit the side of the spindle against this jig when it was on the
toy mill, whose rotating spindle nose is 40mm.

But I hit a lick at LittleMachineShop. Tormach adapter & 3 collets, 1/8,
1/4 & 3/8, for $72.95 shipped.  That will or should cover 98% of what
I'll be doing.

In the meantime I can make a new holddown bar for this jig out of solid
maple, and set it about 3/8" farther away from the tool travel.  And
maybe glue on an extension to the flat plane of the front of the jig for
additional workpiece support as some pieces will project close to 4 feet
off the front of the table when mounted.

Todays projects. ;-)  Keeps me out of the bars don'tcha know. ;-)