On 10/1/2015 5:26 AM, Mark Wendt wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Dave Cole <linuxcncro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/30/2015 11:15 AM, Mark Wendt wrote:
>>> Worst part of the deal was we were under contract for 48
>>> days, and when they backed out the height of the home buying season
>>> was over.  I'm moving to Grayling MI.
>> That hurts just thinking about that!    That's really bad.
>> I know where Grayling is.     You should miss most of the lake effect
>> snow there.
>> But you will desire a snow blower eventually.   I caved and bought one
>> last year.   I should have done it years ago.
>> Grayling should be a nice place to live.    More than a few places to
>> use a fly rod up there.  :-)
>>
>> Yes, Chevy Chase is crazy expensive.
>>
>> Dave
> Got a plow to put on the front of the truck.  Loooooong driveway.  ;-)
>   Though a snow blower would be a worthy addition to my toyls.  ;-)
>
> Yeah, there might be one or two places up there to use a fly rod...
>
> Chevey Chase was just a tad out of our price range when we moved here.  ;-)
Plows work well until the snow gets too deep then you can run out of
places to put it.  (or at least I do).
I have a 150 ft drive and for me the blower is more efficient with less
shoveling.   I also have an 8ft plow on a tractor with tire chains.

Chevy Chase - I think that $2100 per month for a small one bedroom
apartment on the top floor of an apartment building is a little bit crazy.
But I have been told that heat is included, so it is not so bad! :-(
It does include one parking spot, for a small car l!

Here in flyover country, you can pay a 30 yr mortgage for a 4000 sq ft
house with some land for a lot less than that per month.  :-)

Dave

> Mark

---