On 13 October 2015 at 10:36, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> Trying to take advantage of the fact that named vars remain in memory and
> are accessable from the next program loaded, I added some code to this
> blanket-chest3.ngc to do exactly that,

It may be that that is the case, but it isn't intentional. ie, this
falls into the "undefined behaviour" area of G-code.

If you want a rather crazy way to do this you could write to G-code
analogue outputs and read from analogue inputs, and loop them together
in HAL.

A better way would be to add some new persistent _numerical_
parameters to the vars file. Those should then always exist.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.