After some more testing, I am beginning to believe that.
I added "idle=poll" to the boot parameters, and that seemed to help a bit.
I am still trying to figure out why the latency is larger with the new
install of Debian & LCNC 2.7.0.

Are there any other tests or utilities I can use to try and catch what may
be causing the occasional long latency?

Ray

--J. Ray Mitchell Jr.
jrmitche...@gmail.com
(818)324-7573

The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The
occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion.
As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall
ourselves, and then we shall save our country.*Abraham Lincoln
<http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Abraham_Lincoln/>*, *Annual message
to Congress, December 1, 1862*
*16th president of US (1809 - 1865)*