        ----- Original Message -----
>> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net [1] >> From: j...@gnipsel.com [2]
>> Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 14:26:43 -0600 >> Subject: [Emc-users] Linux
Mint >> I have Linux Mint 17.2 and like the interface, are there any
>> instructions on how to patch the kernel for real time? I ran uname
-r >> and it reports 3.16.0-38 generic in 17.2. Cinnamon and Mate seem
to be >> the best for me, I could not figure out where the turn off
button was in >> XFCE lol. Finally found it and the name choice was
poor. >> I've done a lot of things on computers but building or
patching a kernel >> is not on that list so any advice is appreciated.
>> Thanks >> JT

        >> I would be interested in this too. >> I use RTAI >> Chris M

Jon & Chris
This will get you start with linuxmint-17.2-xfce-32bit read
linuxcnc_readme all the way through and use setup.sh script. No need
to compile new kernel

Enjoy
Tim March

Links: