I did answer my own question, I added a dwell time, then called the m39
from the m40, using subroutines.

John,

I am not sure how to use the M6 command to put the currently loaded tool
away, back into the carousel.

I am just doing this that way if the operator knows he needs to shut
linuxcnc down, he can put the loaded tool away, and start it back up,
without a tool in the spindle, and not confuse the hell out of the
ladder logic and carousel component. I tried starting it up and using
the M61QXX command, which works, but when you go to change the tool, the
carousel is still sitting on pocket 1, ( haven't figured out how yet, I
specify yet, to get the carousel to index to pocket XX that is set with
the M61 command )  so it will try to put tool XX, into pocket 1, which
would probably already have a tool in it.

On 11/11/2015 8:25 AM, John Thornton wrote:
> I just have to wonder why your not using iocontrol.0.tool-change and
> iocontrol.0.tool-changed or am I totally off track and not understanding
> the application?
>
> JT
>
> On 11/11/2015 7:13 AM, Rick Lair wrote:
>> Good Morning Gentleman,
>>
>> Is it possible, to call an m-code using a classicladder output?
>>
>> Now that I have my tool changer working, I am trying to work into my
>> ladder logic the ability to call a M40, and it will put the tool that is
>> in the spindle back into the carousel, and then when the logic is
>> finished, have classicladder call an M39.
>>
>> The M40 is going to "sets return-tool true", and I was going to use the
>> the M39 to "sets return-tool false". Unless there is a better way to
>> reset the signal without calling the M39? Really I need the M40 to pulse
>> the "return-tool" signal true for maybe 3-4 tenths of a second to get
>> the ladder rolling, but my original train of thought is just fine.

Thanks

Rick Lair
Superior Roll & Turning LLC
399 East Center Street