Greetings

--
> atp

It all depends! From 5i25 manual

5V I/O TOLERANCE
The FPGA used on the 5I25 has a 4V absolute maximum input voltage
specification. To allow interfacing with 5V inputs, the 5I25 has bus
switches on all I/O pins.
The bus switches work by turning off when the input voltage exceeds a preset
threshold.
The 5V I/O tolerance option is the default and should normally be left
enabled.
For high speed applications where only 3.3V maximum signals are present and
overshoot clamping is desired, the 5V I/O tolerance option can be disabled.
W3 controls
the 5V I/O tolerance option. When W3 is on the default UP position, 5V
tolerance mode
is enabled. When W3 is in the DOWN position, 5V tolerance mode is disabled.
Note that
W3 controls 5V tolerance on both P2 and P3 I/O connectors.
W3 also selects the pull-up resistor voltage, When 5V I/O tolerance mode is
selected, the I/O pull-up resistors are powered from 5V. When 5V I/O
tolerance mode is
disabled, the I/O pull-up resistors are powered with 3.3V.

John Prentice