On Sat, Dec 5, 2015, at 01:22 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Short answer, no.  I can't find a method to reference a numbered variable
> indirectly so that I can setup the init data code in a nice neat little
> WHILE/ENDWHILE loop.  This also intimates that I cannot access the
> #numbered data in a loop. So this code is going to a, take a while to
> write, and B, look like a bust code generator spit it out.

LinuxCNC g-code can do indirect accesses.

For example, this line:

#110 = [#[#200+1100]]

Assume that #200 contains the value "23".
This line reads the value from #1123, and assigns it to #110.
Basically I have an array of data starting at #1100, and #200 is the index
into the array.

This code was written ages ago (2008).  These days #200 and #110 could
be named variables.  The "array" still need to be numbered.

(the complete g-code program that I picked that line from does variable
diameter, variable pitch threading, and is described in detail here:
http://jmkasunich.com/cgi-bin/blosxom/shoptask/fusee-1.html )