On Monday 01 February 2016 14:40:56 Gene Heskett wrote:

To bring this up to date, the linkage between the xml created pyvcp
buttons and lcnc has been solved.  In the big docs pdf, I read that to
access buttons created by pyvcp, one must add 'pyvcp.' to the names, so
I took the halpin created names down to one word names in the xml file,
then in postgui.hal, the net statements were fixed to
use 'pyvcp.button1' style syntax, and it all seems to just work.

Now, to build a nice solid camera mount to hang off the bottom of the
spindle brake collar, and I believe I'll have something that works.

One item of note, I remember camview taking 5 seconds to fully update the
image when the table was moved, so finding and fixing on the target was
excruciatingly slow. Even with the signal processing opencv does to
insert its target circle and crosshairs and measurement scales, opencv
is managing to get 8 to 15 FPS depending on the light level, so I can
search at 10 ipm, and fine tune at .7 without 95% of the lags that
camview had.  However, it is dragging on the base-thread timing when its
running, I can hear the diff in speeds while its homing the machine.
Since once it has done its job, it can be shut down, I do not consider
that to be a showstopper unless software stepping is in use. 5i25 card
in use here.

That may be related to my seeing both cpus usage graphs in gkrellm, so I
may not have isolcpus setup correctly on this dell dimension 745
computer.

Huh? On checking grub.cfg, it is not anywhere in boot/grub/grub.cfg!

I have not taken it out, this is as installed from the hybrid.iso, with
the updated 3.4.9-rtai kernel.

I put it in: isocpus=1 and rebooted, htop now can't see the 2nd core, so
thats another potential problem solved.

So of the rest of you may want to check your installs too! I am certainly
going to check my other 2 machines...  One of which, because I've
miss-laid my round tuit IS software stepping yet despit having a 5i25
ready to be installed.  My bad.