On Saturday 13 February 2016 23:12:57 Gregg Eshelman wrote:

> On 2/13/2016 3:56 AM, linden wrote:
> > Have a look at this it i am not sure if you can mirror with it i
> > don't think so, but it is python and may give some smarter people
> > than me ideas how Gene method may be automated. I have found this a
> > very useful tool along with his F engrave.
> >
> > http://www.scorchworks.com/Gcoderipper/gcoderipper.html
>
> It doesn't do mirroring. It can rotate and split so that with proper
> fixturing you can do work wider than the Y axis movement of a mill can
> normally handle - by splitting the code down the middle, cutting one
> half then rotating the work 180 to do the other half.
>
> I'd think that mirroring would be an ideal addition to that software,
> for either mirroring the entire thing or splitting it and making two
> copies of one half with one a mirror image.

Now that sounds useful.  If the SW can be edited to give instructions to
drill a registration hole on the split line at each end of the x travel,
then the camera and the align utilities would obviate the need to build
a precision pallet that rotates. I suppose an 1/8" overlap down the
split line would serve to allow a slight miss alignment in double stick
mounting it, which the camera and the align utility could then achieve
good registration while staying within the machines limits.

Neat idea for sure.  Thanks for posting the link.