No reply on the candlepower forum, but nearly 100 views of the post I made.
Since that forum is all about LED lighting, I expected someone to have a
suggestion.
I have a couple of LED motion detector lights, each with two Bridgelux
BXRA-56C1000-A LED modules. Nominally rated at 1000 lumens each.The motion
switch is a self contained 110 VAC switch, so all I need are replacement power
supply/drivers with 110 VAC input which will fit within the lamp bases.
The original supplies went *poof* but the LEDs are still good. They are in
large die cast housings that provide ample heat sinking, but without any
compound between the aluminum LED star plates and the bare metal mounting
surface, so I'm putting some compound on.
Available volume in the base is about 4.25" diameter by 1.25" depth.
>From the LED datasheet
mA Volts Watts Lumens115 25.3 2.9 395250 26.5 6.6 850350 27.3 9.6 1150500 28.4
14.2 1580
The output connection on the dead supplies in the lamps are marked 800 ma 35
volts. At that power, the lamps will put out enough light to brighten a wall 20
feet away on an overcast day. I don't think I need quite that much light in
front of my shop or on my back porch.