      From: andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
 To: "adit_bh...@yahoo.com" <adit_bh...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 4:31 PM
 Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Need to add a faster thread base-thread with 100
microseconds, Compilation changes required !!!

On 22 April 2016 at 15:18, adit bhargava <adit_bh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> For serial_port_N option, is it for 7i76 card?

One chanel  of sserial is for the GPIO and some other features on the
7i76. The second channel is for any smart-serial device attached to
the expansion port on the 7i76.

> I remember you suggested me to just disable the Stepgen on 5i25 card which
> can be done using only num_stepgens parameter and then this pin can be used
> for software PWM rather than 7i76 .

Almost. The highest-numbered stepgen (the one that you will be
disabling) will probably be connected to physical pins on the 7i78.

--
atp
lunatics."