I have a VFD running on:

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/wj200_vfd.9.html

Actually it's an X200 VFD and the code is slightly different, but that's
not important.

I noticed that it doesn't wait for the spindle to get up to speed when
started in-code.  It just goes.

What are my options here?  I could write a HAL for "if spindle.on and
!spindle.at-speed and !paused, set Pause to true", but that sounds
overly complicated, and I can't release it with "if spindle.on and
spindle.at-speed and paused, set Resume to true" because the user may
have requested a pause and that would spuriously cause  a resume.

Danny