On 08.06.16 07:56, Rick Lair wrote:
> I was wondering the same thing Todd, and we were just actually talking
> about that here at the shop.
>
> Rick
>
> On 06/08/2016 07:36 AM, Todd Zuercher wrote:
> > Two days with nothing from the mailing list. Are things really that
> > quiet or is the mailing list messed up again?

It's just turned winter down under - that must mean it's now summer up
there, and mebbe everyone's out filling their lungs, or putting away the
snow-shovels. Let's just hope no-one's sitting in a dinghy in the
kitchen, fishing for machine tools down the basement stairs.

Mind you, there are storms down here too, with a bit of coastline lost,
houses teetering, and record floods. The damage is much less expensive
than in Europe, though. Even the storm-surfers didn't break any necks.

Or the Trump thing could have most people hiding under the blankets.
It's scaring people down here, and we're not officially one of the
states. (What's keeping people calm here is federal elections in 4 weeks
- the campaign is boring us to a state of deep somnolence, as both sides
avoid major issues like the plague, in case their inadequate policies
are found out.)

Apropos the biting critters in Oz, we've lost two swimmers to sharks in
the last week, and two to crocs in the last three weeks. Doesn't change
our behaviour, so I guess it's the price of being in the wrong place at
the right time.

Erik