On 6/27/2016 9:56 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 27 June 2016 at 15:28, Chris Kelley <tensait...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would say that the "proper answer" is to teach the users to properly use
>> holding-tabs, hold-downs, etc
> That reminds me, I used holding tabs a lot in CamBam, but haven't even
> found them in Fusion360 or Inventor HSM. I wonder if they are there to
> be found?
I can can confirm that Fusion360 does support tabs.  Options exist for
tab lengths, straight or "ramped" (triangular?) tabs, and either
automatic (you specify the number of tabs) or manual placement.  I found
the tab feature to be quite easy to use, especially compared to some of
the actual 3d modeling capabilities - but that problem is mine alone,
and not specific to the software!  I'm pretty sure I read that the CAM
portion of F360 is standard HSMWorks, but I've not actually used that
product.