I am wondering if it just temperature related, I will have to turn the
AC unit back on, and put a temp sensor in the cabinet, and see if I can
get a common trip temperature maybe. Dropping the cabinet temp 20
degrees has got to make some stuff contract a little bit, maybe enough
to make a crappy connection on the circuit board if it is a cracked
resistor or capacitor??

Rick

On 08/02/2016 11:56 AM, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:
> On the Mazak lathe I often have problems with the drives tripping out when
> there's high humidity levels (85% and up). In fact, the drive doesn't want
> to turn on at all, whenever I turn on the machine it's on fault state. Most
> of the time it happens on one of the drives, but if the humidity is too
> high, both of them are tripped. This one only has fans but no air
> conditioning system.
>
> I don't believe that a low humidity enviroment could cause the problem, but
> I'm just guessing.
>
> The same machine had a Fanuc 3 phase AC drive for the spindle. That one
> tripped out from time to time, but worked ok. One day, it started to trip
> several times on the day, until finally we never could make it work again.
> Apparently the problem was on the main board, because everything else on
> the power stage was just fine. We replaced the drive because a Yaskawa
> drive was cheaper than the main board only.

>> Hello Guys,
>>
>> I have a Fanuc triple axis servo drive on one of my machines, and since
>> last Thursday it has been randomly tripping out, and faulting the cnc
>> control. It is from roughly 1995, and has been running just fine up
>> until this point. Even while just sitting powered up, but with no servo
>> motion commands it will trip out and shut off the machine. I noticed
>> though, that when the cabinet doors are shut, it trips almost all the
>> time, when I open the cabinet doors, it has been running since Friday,
>> only tripping just once, early yesterday morning. The cabinet is air
>> conditioned, and had the thermostat set at 95 degrees for the point to
>> turn on. We turned it down, to 75 thinking that would help, but I think
>> it actually made it worse. Would there be any way that on an old PCB, if
>> something was going south on it, a humidity level that was too low could
>> cause something to not work, and when it is hot and humid, it would
>> function properly?
>>
>> Here is a link to an identical PCB,
>>
>> http://www.fanucworld.com/media/image/800/0/A20B-1001-0770%20Front.jpg
>>
>> --