On 09/29/2016 12:00 PM, Jim Craig wrote:
> On 9/29/2016 1:02 PM, Kirk Wallace wrote:
>> Just in case someone might be interested:
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/121734977870
>>
>> My slightly smaller ST-N as reference:
>> http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/
>>
> That tool changer setup looks perfect for my machine. Do you have a
> video of it in action? Any details on the tool changer arm?

http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/tool_changer_video.html

The Shizuoka uses NMTB40 tool holders. If your machine uses NMTB40 the
changer might work, otherwise the claw and tool pockets will be a
problem (NMTB = single flange with boss on end of taper, CAT = dual
flange, no boss). The arm is rotated by a pneumatic cylinder which makes
the arm raise and lower, as well as rotate the wrist. The tool comes out
of the spindle with the tool pointing down. The wrist turns the tool
holder over, tool up, as the arm moves towards the carousel. The changer
functions are controlled by relay contacts so are pretty easy to hook up.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/