You wouldn't likely save the g-code on the SD card at all.

You'd have a wifi connection and load the g-code from your local network.

Those SD cards are used for storing photos and video quickly.
Photographers and videographers use TONS of memory over and over., and
quite frankly I never heard of someone wearing one out.

This isn't a drop in the bucket compared to those high-stress uses. It
will go obsolete long before the SD card wears out.

They do employ load-leveling where it won't keep resaving over the same
block of memory.  The file structure is unaware of it but if you keep
rewriting a cache file, it moves it up and down across the whole SD card
slowly, so it never wears out.

Danny