Hi all;

Back to my CNC lathe project; it has sat dormant for a few years now.

Opinions wanted:

The VFD suggests 10a external fuses, plus a line filter. I'm running this
on 240v, over here in North America.

Are 10A slow blow 250v glass fuses ok for this application?  Is it overkill
to fuse both hot leads, I presume so, but if I'm going to the bother of
putting in 1 fuse holder... Also, I could use class J fuses, but note that
glass fuses seem to be just fine for other workshop equipment.

Line Reactors. 10A. Generally a good idea or not really worth worrying
about?

The 3-phase from the VFD will be in a metal braid for shielding, grounded
at the VFD end. The 4-wire cable will have the U-V-W + ground, weird to
ground both the VFD side and the motor, but that's the way it's done, I
guess.

The lathe is an 8x18, Austrian made lathe. Would have loved a Tormach, but
the size of the thing would mean a new house, and *that* gets expensive.

Thanks - John.