Greetings;

One of the things I'll want to do is to be able to print from the r-pi as
I find traceing stuff thru a .hal file a lot easier if I have a hard
copy in front of me.

I have my printers all shared so it shouldn't be too hard, but firing up
lynx localhost:631 disclosed that cups wasn't installed.  So I installed
it with apt, and then lynx could function with localhost:631 but some
printers were missing. On checking on this machine, I had somehow lost
the shared attribute, fixed that and now lynx can see everything but
cups.pdf. Just for fun I sent it to the scanners local ip, worked ok.

I'd never installed or used lynx before.  Neat tool!

---------
nother 4 hours later, some conduit mounted and wires stuffed, and labeled
on the Sheldon

The mailman handed me a box from mpja.com. Jumper kits fine but no clue
where to hook them up yet, 12 foot hdmi cable was male on both ends, as
was the hdmi-dvdi adaptor.  So I still can't look at a monitor connected
to the pi. I've lost track of which excedrin headache this is.  Multiple
digits for sure.  Found the correct adaptor at showmecables.com, bought
2 for insurance.

And thats the news from Lake Woebegone, WV.