On 2016-11-04 08:12, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I have it connected.  I think since no one has responded with
> a translation of the two different dialects of swahili.
>       From 7i90 P4-11=SPICLK to R-pi pin 23="SPI0 SCLK"
>       From 7i90 P4-13=SPIIN to R-Pi pin 21="SPI0 MISO"
>       From 7i90 P4-15=SPIOUT to R-Pi pin 19="SPI0 MISI"
>       From 7i90 P4-17=/SPICS to R-Pi pin 24="SPI0 CS0"
> I have interchanged the MSII and MSIO connections, and I have tried both
> of the R-Pi's SPI0 CS0 and SPI0 CS1's.
Hey Gene,

there is not much room for interpretation:

https://forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/31753-raspberry-pi-and-mesa-7i90-spi-works-well#82070

this "translation table" is rather clear.

Could you please slow down?
You are much to jittery.

> The only response I am getting for this second line of the test above,
> for all the hookup variations I have tried;
> halcmd loadrt hm2_rpspi

This is only one half of the story:
I wrote:

"Testing with halcmd:

    halcmd loadrt hostmot2
    halcmd loadrt hm2_rpspi

"
> Thanks, but I've tried, now its your turn to tell me whats wrong.  Or if
> I've toasted it all.
Please again, not all steps must be made at once!
And leaving out half of the steps or reading every other line is just as wrong.

> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers Matsche

--
"In der Wissenschaft siegt nie eine neue Theorie,
nur ihre Gegner sterben nach und nach"

Max Planck