On 12/20/2016 01:10 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> What has been other raspi users experience?  Is a sandisk crap?

For the small SD cards (<8G) it seems to work most of the time. I have
only seen few problems, but have not been able to pin it down on one
manufacturer.

The large ones (16+) can be a roll of the dice. However, very high speed
cards seem to be more problematic than the slower cards. However, this
is more anecdotal than scientifically tested. There is anecdotal
evidence that sandisk seems to have problems, but I have not been able
to confirm that with any hard evidence.

I usually use class 10 cards in 4G, 8G, or 16G and they are of several
brands. If my PC can handle it, then the PI can too. If a write error
occurs (on the PC) I will usually discard the card instead of trying again.

The *biggest* problem is a read/write file-system on an SD card. That
kills about any cards within 1..3 months for me (especially when local
logging is enabled). I normally have a R/O fs and remote logging.
Everything else is in ramfs.

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)