On Friday 13 January 2017 22:52:45 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> > So something is lieing to me, just like a glued down rug.
> >
> > Now I am trying to cobble up a reset but I've run into something I
> > gave up on once before. Namely that hal apparently has no clue what
> > the hell to do with a pin that is supposed to be a bi-directional
> > pin according to the message spit out when the watchdog bites. That
> > says I should drive that bit false to re-enable the 7i90. But I have
> > only seen that led on once, months ago.  And show config, when I try
> > to setp the pin, setp complains the pin is held high by another
> > signal and it cannot access it to set it.  Why?
>
> Do you have a non-tristate hal pin driving the has_bit pin?
> That would prevent you from setting it by hand
>
> resetting works for me:
>
> pcw@pcw-G41M-Combo:~/linuxcnc/configs$ halcmd setp
> hm2_7i76e.0.watchdog.timeout_ns 100
>
>     hm2/hm2_7i76e.0: Watchdog timeout (100 ns) is dangerously short
> compared to hm2_write() period (1000000 ns)
>     hm2/hm2_7i76e.0: Watchdog has bit! (set the .has-bit pin to False
> to resume) hm2/hm2_7i76e.0: trying to recover from IO error or
> Watchdog bite
>
> pcw@pcw-G41M-Combo:~/linuxcnc/configs$ halcmd setp
> hm2_7i76e.0.watchdog.timeout_ns 10000000
> pcw@pcw-G41M-Combo:~/linuxcnc/configs$ halcmd setp
> hm2_7i76e.0.watchdog.has_bit false
>
>     hm2/hm2_7i76e.0: error recover successful!

Tieing it to the lcnc enable button does not work. There is no has_bit to
be found unless its tied to a net statement, and when its tied to a net
statement, the tristate_bit is denied access to reset it.>

But After that failed, I gave up since there is no .timeout_ns to be
found either.

But ATM, a more important problem is that I brought up a stepgen #2,
outputs pulse on P1-33 and dir on P1-35.  Sure it does, no pulse of any
kind on P1-33 while its marching along for an inch at a time on every
place I can stick a halmeter, feedback is going back to motion. I had
what I had bought to isolate the vfd, but it didn't have the the spinx1
has, so I pulled it back off the shelf and wired its snazzy leds up in
place of the driver. Direction worked, but even with the overhead lights
off, the step led remained dark. stepgen #1, configured exactly the same
except for slightly faster step timings, works 100% normally and can
march the carriage along at 100 ipm. Either direction.

I've another stepgen left yet on the odd chance its an even numbered
failure.  With the beating the i/o of this card has taken from the
stepper psu's,  I am amazed it still signs on. Electrically, these mesa
cards are surprisingly tough.