Yes a Beagle Board and their mechanical mounting system is worth looking at
and emulating.   They made a larger PCB with pins that mate withe the BB
and then turn the BB upside down and pushed it into their PCB.    Kind of
like treating the BB has a very large chip placed in a socket.     I've
built these larger PCBs using perf board and hand soldering.  If you are
building your own then you don't need so many cables and you gain some
reliability.  It's a good way to break out the GPOI pins and add onto
isolators and whatever else you might need.  Point to point wire, hand
soldered works.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Eric Keller <eekel...@psu.edu> wrote:

> I wonder if they'll answer emails about it.  I bought a Centroid control
> secondhand, they wouldn't even talk to me.  No way I'd willingly hand them
> money.
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:26 AM, <sa...@empirescreen.com> wrote:
>
> > People are excited about this.  Still need a computer.  (Mesa Ethernet
> > stepper board is cheaper and has more - 7i76e).
> >
> > http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy/acorn_cnc_controller.html

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California