On Tuesday 04 April 2017 12:55:10 Ralph Stirling wrote:

> I believe you can use SketchUp for generating STL files
> for 3d printing.  Pretty much any 3d cad tool in existence
> can do so.  Librecad is only 2d, so not much use.  On Linux,
> you are pretty well limited to Openscad and Freecad.
>
> -- Ralph

But while freecad is in the wheezy repo's. selecting it breaks synaptic
and aptitude, with neither bothering to explain whats broken. So I am
intermittently poking at openscad's tires but despite looking at the
examples of the text file input vs the relatively poor video rendition
it offers when that text file is compiled, I have so far not even spy'd
the light at the other end of the tunnel.  So I printed what I could get
from wikibooks, and will see if anything can be learned from them. But
at 75 pages, I expect its pretty sparse for a new bee like me. Tomorrows
project unless I see about hauling my tax stuff to the local Block
office. I'd better do that, and get done with it so I can get
sidetracked in it for a few days to see if osmosis might help. ;-)