G Code is just a symbolic way to represent something in a human readable
manner.
Another method could be used and would seem difficult for the humans to
comprehend.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 4:07 AM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 June 2017 at 08:08, theman whosoldtheworld <bleachk...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > there are some possibility that the max joint/axis number become more
> than
> > 0-8 in future?
> >

> It might well increase in the release, but I am not sure how many machines
> need coordinated movement in more than 9 joints.
> (and uncoordinated movements are already possible using HAL components such
> as stepgen and PID/Limit3)
>
> You need to increase EMCMOT_MAX_JOINTS:
> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/af15a4d90e1d51d5309db65fe1c951
> 1e486df411/src/emc/motion/emcmotcfg.h#L23
> then recompile.
>
> trivkins appears to already support more than 9 joints:
> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/src/emc/
> kinematics/trivkins.c
>
> I can't think of many applications, possibly a serial/parallel "snakebot"
> based on a stack of Stewart platforms?
>
> What is more intractable is getting more _axes_ as there are no G-code
> letters left spare.
>
> --
> atp
> "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed
> for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics."
> — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1916

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.