On 06/27/2017 12:09 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 27 June 2017 14:56:25 dave wrote:

Hi,
The bad news is that my spare Koyo encoder is toast, why I don't know.
Apparently happened a while
ago and I didn't label it; sloppy on my part.
Checked X axis with another encoder I swiped off the lathe and got
reasonable counts.
Now to order a couple of spares.

However, I have this thru-shaft encoder I must have picked up surplus
somewhere.
How big is the thru shaft? I might have a home for it. I about 7/8" of
shaft out the rear of my x motor that I've not sawed off yet. 6.35mm
shaft.

Sumtek LHF-078-5000. Best I can tell it is 5000 ppr max freq of 250
KHz. Voltage, pin out and
output unknown except for being marked A, B, Z. Connector is a 3 x 3
with 7 used.
Apparently the output is a line driver.  Probably not worth fooling
with but interesting.

Dave

Cheers, Gene Heskett
Looks to be .5"