On Wednesday 30 August 2017 12:28:51 David Berndt wrote:

> I was having a backlash issue yesterday that lead me to wondering. How
> is backlash taken up? At rapid speed? At max acceleration? More? Less?
> What governs how the motion to backlash comp is taken up?
>
> Kind of a moot point because it turned out my backlash problem was
> some loose bolts in a super inaccessible spot under the saddle... Good
> times. But still curious about the software side of things.

One of the reasons my Sheldons apron is more easily removed. 12 bolts. 8
for the plate, 4 for the Z drive nut holder and its all laying on the
edge of the chip pan.

Backlash comp was at one time done instantly, but that led to stalls and
lost steps if the lash was more than a thou, so if my memory serves me
correctly, backlash takeup is now made at the revelant axis's MAX_VEL
and MAX_ACCELERATION settings. I believe since 2.2.0?  Lots of lash, as
in 10 thou or so, can be easily observed even at creep speed reversals.