On 23 October 2017 at 01:35, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> Now of course, except for psu electrolytics, tv's aren't generally
> repairable, no data. The consumer has been trained to toss & buy new. :(

I think it is more complicated that that.

I think that an analogue CRT TV is the last device that any one person
could understand all of.
I can imagine that there are people who could make a CRT and design
the receiver circuits.

I don't think that there are many people who can make an LCD, but for
the sake of argument I will assume there are some.
But I bet those few people don't _also_ understand the digital
broadcast codecs.

--
atp
lunatics."