Greetings all;

Now I know why Shars is considered to be the costo version of machine
tooling.  I am still trimming the register diameter, but so far only 2
surfaces have escaped a cutting tool, the OD, which doesn't touch
anything, and the threads. Everything else either wobbled, or was
eccentric. By as much as 55 thou for the front face wobble. Good sized
pile of cast iron sand in the chip tray.

But I'm getting close, maybe another 2 thou for the register rim and I'll
have it dialed in.

The hal file for the G0704 is done except for some final tuning, but I
reached in the drawer for a bag of microswitches to discover I only had
one left after equiping the Sheldon with home switches and such. So I
bought a bag of 20 from ebay, and also a bag of 100, 1/4" balls as I
managed to lose the one in the gear knob while taking it off. I heard it
hit the table as it was leaving, but only Murphy might know where it
bounced off to.  So I'll temporarily tee that off the flood button as a
shifter command.  But first make the register fit, then I can spot where
the new sockets for the 10mm bolts get drilled & tapped since the
existing ones are on about a 1/4" larger circle.

Have you on the N.A. continent checked your fire extinguishers?

Kidde, after some proding by the feds consumer protection agency, have
announced a free replacement of an estimated 37.5 million of the ABC
types with plastic handles.  One of the two I had qualified, the other
was an AB foam type, not on the list.  So go check yours, you might be
due for a free, freshly charged replacement that will have metal parts
in the handles.  Google for "kidde recall".  Its all handled online,
nice.