On Monday 27 November 2017 16:29:02 dave wrote:

> Interesting high voltage steppers (3 ph)
>
> http://www.pcbequipment.com/images/machines/website/23330/Datasheet%20
>Berger%20Lahr%20-%20VRDM%20391050%20LWB.pdf
>
>   325 V 4 A  4Nm
>
> IIRC they roll off at about 15 KHz
>
> Weight ~3.1 Kg  85 mm x 85 mm x 142 mm
>
> Since hal has three phase these ought to be usable motors.
> I took the back off one ... years ago.
> Beautifully built German craftsmanship.
>
> I bought these off ebay years ago; represented as servo motors ...
> which they are not.
> I  just pulled the cover and there are no connections for brake or
> encoder and no easy
> way to drive from the shaft; so just stepper motors.
>
> Current ebay prices for the motors are considerably more that I paid.
>
> Will consider reasonably offers. I have three of them.
>
> Dave

And where the heck do we get drivers for those? That would need at least
a full wave bridge with a capacitative input filter to get the DC to
power the driver from a single phase 254 volt line such as I have here.

Meaning both rails are hot to earth ground w/o several pounds of
isolation transformers interposed. Several pounds, like 40 for the 1/1
toroid I have big enough to do 3 or 4 of those drivers.