> On 7 January 2018 at 18:51, Nicklas Karlsson
> <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Just choose another driver that does get compiled (such as hal_motenc)
> >> and replicate all the same lines in the Makefile for your driver.
> >
> > Tried this but it does not compile while others do. I searched differences
> > and there is some magic because my new file is not compiled while others
> > are.
>
> You need new entries in several parts of the makefile.

Yes ...

I started with old driver and everything except what was needed where cleaned
there basically was little more than a call to rtapi_app_main(...) and the
copyright notice left. Then I copied the internal from test.c file into
rtapi_app_main(...) and thread and after an hour two I actually have
communication with Ethercat device from linuxcnc. This is much faster than I
could imagine.

It feels like a really good start but now I have to slowdown until the next
weekend.

I need to add some pins hal pins to make it useful and get some order on the
data before I could give a try on something real. Then of course hard coded
configuration is not good and standard should be followed.

Nicklas Karlsson