Wondering if anyone had any preference/experience/advise to share with single phase capable larger servos. I'm looking at an application for a 3 to 5hp motor with a vfd, but if I could just get a servo to fill in that'd be nice. Gear reduction will be required, but something with more torque, needing less reduction will make things easier.Say ~500rpm as a goal maximum output.

I see things like Fanuc red cap servos (ai series? pulsecoder encoder) 2.5kw kicking around ebay. Driving something like that would seem to be the challenge?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Previous experience?

Dave