Hmm. Belting is a pretty interesting idea. Though for my application, the reverse motion of a crank/slider isn't a big negative.

I've also been toying with combining a few servos smaller servos to get the work done. I've got no great idea on that yet mechanically or electrically. But taking advantage of the maximum torque vs rated torque on a 750w drive times 2 or 3 would seem to get me into the appropriate numbers and the smaller drives are much easier to find in single phase.

Dave