> Does anyone know how the Zeiss RST-P touch-probes work? As well as the
> normal 3-way ball and bars kinematic mount they have a piezo element.
> The interface is a 5-ring connector like a jack plug.
> I haven't managed to figure out which ring is which, and Zeiss are not
> saying.

They say
https://www.zeiss.com/metrology/products/sensors/on-cmm/tactile-scanning-probe/rst-p.html

ZEISS RST-P works according to a dual principle. This means it delivers the
> actual probing pulse from the Piezo-electric elements located in front of
> the kink point. The three-point bearing also serves as a mechanical kink
> point that verifies probing and protects ZEISS RST-P from damage caused by
> contact with the workpiece and collisions.

Moreover, the deflection forces caused by the bearings and direction do not
> influence the measuring result: ZEISS RST-P delivers the same accuracy in
> all probing directions. Special calibration is not required for slanted
> measuring or probing jobs.

So it must be two NC contacts and the rest for the piezo.