THose are the first decent drawing I've seen.  I made drawings from
measurements.   I found the flats  on the nut are not parallel. They form a
small (guessing) 1 degree taper

The screws  are one of the few metal parts I am using for a CNC
conversion.  I am actually surprised that I can use 3D printed plastic
parts.  At first my plan was to use the printed parts for a "fit check" and
then when the design was verified I'd make the part out of aluminum.  But
my plastic parts are working well.   I am even able to print threaded blind
holes that engage M4 size screws.   So now the plan is to used the plastic
CNC machine to make metal parts one at a time and I'll swap the in as each
part is made.

So I am basically hanging the head of a Harbor Freight mini mill by this
SFU1605 screw and the screw is held up by some thick plastic plates

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 10:55 PM, Roland Jollivet <[email protected]
> wrote:

> There are many images available.
>
> Here is a site with such;
> https://www.hobbytronics.co.za/p/943/ball-screw-and-nut-sfu1605
>
>
>
>
> On 21 May 2018 at 07:29, Chris Albertson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > Go to eBay and search for "SFU1605"   That is a 16mm diameter by 5mm
> pitch
> > screw.  These come with nuts that had best NEVER be removed
> >
> > I could not find drawing of the part anyplace so I made one myself.   If
> > you want I have .STEP file
> >
> > These screws are a standard part and come of different grades.  The ones
> on
> > eBay are the lowest grade.  C0 is the best and has about 3 micrometer
> error
> > per meter and are used for things like making integrated circuits.  These
> > low-spec parts are maybe 10X worse but I don't know how to measure to
> > micrometer level over a 1000 mm distance.   My guess is that all the
> screws
> > are made on the same machine, then they inspect them for grade so a low
> > spec part might be as good as a high spec part?
> >
> > I think there are other sizes available.  I've seen 12mm diameter and
> some
> > larger too.
> >
> > On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 2:22 AM, Erik Christiansen <
> > [email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On 19.05.18 23:25, Chris Albertson wrote:
> > > > Ball screws have gotten cheap enough now that I'm putting one on a
> $500
> > > > Harbor Freight mill.  I paid abut $30 for a very good 16mm diameter
> by
> > > > 500mm long zero backlash ball screw and nut.   Yes truly "zero" there
> > > seem
> > > > to be two ball nuts working in opposition.  If there is backlash on
> the
> > > $30
> > > > screw it is less them by dial indicator can show.
> > >
> > > Chris, do you have a link or targetted search term?
> > >
> > > Erik
> > >
> > > ------------------------------------------------------------
> > > ------------------
> > > Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> > > engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Emc-users mailing list
> > > [email protected]
> > > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> >
> > Chris Albertson
> > Redondo Beach, California
> > ------------------------------------------------------------
> > ------------------
> > Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> > engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> > _______________________________________________
> > Emc-users mailing list
> > [email protected]
> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Emc-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users
>



-- 

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to